Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Everybody Wi-Fi tonight

I honestly use the Trinity network almost entirely for homework (including this assignment). Also, I never use my computer for personal things such as email and Facebook during class--I'm far too busy taking notes! Of course, I know that the preceding will elicit one of two responses: "yeah, right," or "what a nerd!" Well, I am telling the truth, so I guess that makes me a nerd. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I have experienced the "Real World" (and employment without a college degree) for a number of years. There is simply no way I can take this opportunity for granted or not take it seriously. I am incredibly grateful that Trinity provides us with wireless internet access, and I can't imagine using it primarily as a source of entertainment.

Check out this link for an article about the growing presence of Wi-Fi on college campus and its advantages and disadvantages.

4 comments:

Ian said...

"What a nerd!" I understand what you mean about the Real World. Trinity is a great second chance.

nellin said...

You should talk tp those kids who do nothing but facebook during lectures. They will surely get it from you!

Adam said...

It's ok to be a nerd, because I am too. I don't even bring my computer to class, because I know I will get distracted.

Amy's CS 1300 Blog said...

Really nice entry Jordan, and I liked your link. I don't bring my laptop to class because I'm one of those people who would get way too distracted with other websites... but I commend you for being able to use it just for class!